Dr Pepper Dallas Cup XXXVIII
(April 9 - 16, 2017)
Definitions & Procedures for Dallas Metro Area Teams Participation
(1) Definition of Dallas Metro Area Teams: Dallas Metro Area Teams are defined as those teams on which the majority of the players reside within the DFW Metro Area and which can provide the HomeStay Program for international teams on a reasonable, basis as defined by the Dallas Cup. This definition precludes teams/clubs from areas such as Wichita Falls, Tyler, Midland/Odessa, etc. from being considered for selection to participate in the Dallas Cup, regardless of where they compete or of their final position in any league play.
(2) Multiple Ways of Qualifying for the 2017 Dr Pepper Dallas Cup XXXVIII
(a) Dallas Metro Area USSF Development Academy U17/18, U15/16 and U13/14 teams will qualify automatically in the Dallas Cup, with the age groups to be determined.
(b) Classic League teams that play in Division One, and finish in first place in the following age groups: U13, U14, U15, U16, U17, U18 and U19, after the completion of Round One of league play, will qualify. Classic League teams that play in Division One, and finish in second place in the U19 age groups, after the completion of Round One of league play, will qualify. Completion of Round One is when each team has played the other 9 teams in their age group for the first time. Final results for each age group will be determined by the Classic League after all Classic League tie-breakers, if needed, are applied.
(c) Qualifying Tournament #1 - Ken Smith Memorial Day Tournament, May 27-30, 2016. The 2016 U12, U13, U14, U15, U16, and U17 tournament age group winners will qualify for the 2017 U13 - U19 age groups.
(d) Qualifying Tournament #2 - Dallas Texans Fall Festival, November 18-20, 2016. The U13, U14, and U16 tournament age group winners will qualify.
(e) Qualifying Tournament #3 - Bobby Rhine Invitational Tournament, November 25-27, 2016. The U13, U14, and U16 tournament age group winners will qualify.
Note: If any team should qualify in more than one manner (i.e. finish 1st in Classic League Round One AND win a qualifying tournament, etc.) only one invitation will be extended and the “second invitation” so to speak will NOT automatically go to the next best finishing team. The Dallas Cup office retains the right to extend or not extend the “second invitation” as it sees fit as per the table shown below.
(3) USSF Development Academy Teams: The Dallas Metro Area U17/18 Academy teams will receive an invitation in the Dallas Cup TBD age group. The Dallas Metro Area U15/U16 Academy teams will receive an invitation in the Dallas Cup TBD age group. The Dallas Metro Area U13/U14 Academy teams will receive an invitation in the Dallas Cup TBD age group.
(4) US Club Soccer Pre-Academy Teams: The Dallas Metro Area U13, U14 and U15 Pre-Academy teams can qualify by winning one of the designated Qualifying Tournaments mentioned above. If a Pre-Academy team wins either of the designated Qualifying Tournaments, the team will play in the U13, U14 and U15 Dallas Cup age groups respectively, as the Pre-Academy teams are formed on a January 1st basis. Alternate Pool placement of Pre-Academy teams as shown below will be based on Pre-Academy League results (points based on wins and draws) in head to head competition between the Dallas Metro Area Pre-Academy teams once they have played each other one time as per Pre-Academy League scheduling.
(5) Alternate Pool Teams: Once each Dallas Cup age group is initially completed, the Dallas Metro Area teams assigned to the Alternate Pool for each age group will be determined in the following manner:
(1) Alternate #1 for all Dallas Cup Age Groups (U13-U19)- Classic League team with next highest finish
(2) Alternate #2 for Dallas Cup U14, U15 & U16 Age Groups- Pre-Academy team with most points
(3) Alternate #2 for Dallas Cup U13, U17 & U19 Age Groups-Classic League team with next highest finish
(4) Alternate #3 for Dallas Cup U14, U15 & U16 Age Groups-Pre-Academy team with next highest points
(5) Alternate #3 for Dallas Cup U13, U17 & U19 Age Groups-Classic League team with next highest finish
(6) Alternate #4 for all Dallas Cup Age Groups (U13-U19)- Classic League team with next highest finish
The alternate pool may also include International teams and USA teams from outside the Dallas Metro Area. If deemed necessary by the Dallas Cup Selection Committee, alternate pool teams may ultimately receive an invitation to participate in the Dallas Cup. The team actually selected will be determined based on need, circumstances, and performance, as defined by the Dallas Cup.
(6) Super Group Consideration: Selection of a Dallas Metro Area team for the Super Group is at the sole discretion of the Dallas Cup Selection Committee regardless of affiliation and/or competitive performance in league and tournament play.
(7) Dallas Cup Age Groups for Dr Pepper Dallas Cup XXXVIII-2017:
Under 19 for players born August 1, 1997 through December 31, 1998
Under 18 for players born January 1, 1999 through December 31, 1999
Under 17 for players born January 1, 2000 through December 31, 2000
Under 16 for players born January 1, 2001 through December 31, 2001
Under 15 for players born January 1, 2002 through December 31, 2002
Under 14 for players born January 1, 2003 through December 31, 2003
Under 13 for players born January 1, 2004 through December 31, 2004
General Information & Requirements
A. All Dallas Metro Area teams that accept the invitation to participate in the Dallas Cup are required to provide the HomeStay Program for an international team if requested by the Dallas Cup office. Dallas Metro Area participating teams should be prepared to have a minimum of thirteen (13) homes/families available to provide the HomeStay Program.
B. The majority of the international teams will arrive on the Friday before the tournament begins and depart on the Monday morning after the conclusion of the tournament. There may be occasions where the international team may have to arrive earlier and/or stay later in order to secure a significantly cheaper airfare. If this situation occurs the Dallas Cup office will advise the Dallas team’s HomeStay Coordinator to work out the details. All individuals (18 and older including players) that are involved with the Dallas Cup HomeStay Program will be required to complete the online process for a Criminal Background Check.
C. Each participating Dallas Metro Area team will receive a Team Official Stadium Pass for the coach and manager. The players on each participating Dallas Metro area team will receive a Player Stadium Pass. If a participating Dallas Metro Area team is selected to provide the HomeStay program for an international team and the team actually arrives for the tournament, the Dallas Metro Area team will also receive additional stadium tickets which can be used in any manner at the team’s discretion. The number of additional stadium tickets will be determined by the Dallas Cup office. If a participating Dallas Metro Area team is not selected to provide the HomeStay Program or if an assigned international team does not arrive the Dallas Metro Area team(s) will be required to provide 120 man hours of volunteer time per team prior to or during the tournament. The “additional stadium tickets” mentioned above will not be provided to teams that perform the 120 man hours but “additional stadium tickets” will be provided per Dallas Cup guidelines to individuals that actually perform the volunteer work.
D. The entry fee for Dallas Metro area teams is $895 per team for the 2016 tournament. This fee is a reduction on the normal fee required of all other participating teams. This fee is due and payable when notified to do so by the Dallas Cup office.
E. Dallas Metro Area participating teams will be notified when to complete the online application/registration process. All teams are asked not to do anything until receiving instructions from the Dallas Cup office. This notification will normally occur sometime in late November or early December.
F. Dallas Metro Area Clubs that have teams participating in the Dallas Cup will be provided with a fundraising opportunity which will benefit the club and also provide support to the tournament. This fundraising opportunity is related to the Stadium Tickets. These tickets will be offered to the club at a discounted rate from face value. The club may resell these tickets at any price they determine, but which does not exceed the stated face value. The club may also use these tickets in any other non-reselling way that they see fit.
G. Team managers/coordinators are urged to make everyone on their teams aware of these procedures and requirements if their team is invited to participate in the tournament, in particular the HomeStay Program requirements.
If You Have Any Questions, Please Contact
Ray Hirschowitz, Tournament Manager
12700 Park Central Drive, Suite 507
Dallas, Texas 75251
Phone (214) 221-3636
These Procedures are subject to change at any time and will be reviewed on an annual basis.