The group stage of the FIFA World Cup has been concluded and the Dallas Cup alumni continued to leave an imprint on the tournament. During the group play stages of the World Cup, Dallas Cup Alumni...
- were on the roster of half of the 48 games that were played and appeared in almost 33% of the total games.
- made a total of 62 game appearances during the opening round of the World Cup.
- contributed 7 goals; Joel Campbell, Clint Dempsey (2), Wayne Rooney, Rafa Marquez, Andres Guardado, and Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez.
- of the 16 teams advancing to the knockout stage of the World Cup, seven of them had a Dallas Cup alumni on their roster (Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Costa Rica, Mexico, Netherland, and USA).
- 31 of the 38 Dallas Cup alumni advanced to the World Cup Round of 16, meaning that one of tweleve player playing in the knockout stage is a Dallas Cup alumnus.
- Included two Team Captains: Dempsey and Marquez.
Congratulations to all of the Dallas Cup alumni that are chasing their dreams of being crowned World Champions.